Monday, November 29, 2010

Sewing... Sort of

Stitching

Hubby came home last night just in time for another day of being without power *grin*. I think he was seriously thinking he should have stayed on the boat where he had lights, tv, and a fully functional kitchen LOL. Hopefully this isn't going to be the winter norm of storms and darkness!

I had hoped to get more done on my holiday table runner this morning while Daddy and the kids played but I only made it half way through the blocks before everything shut down. I was chuckling to myself as I was sewing because I'm sure a serious quilter might cringe at how I was sewing my corner blocks on :) This time instead of marking a line down the center of each one I just pinched them making a crease to follow and I actually haven't pinned anything together since starting... I just love to break the rules *grin*.

Transforming

Maybe tomorrow I'll get a chance to actually finish them.
For now I'm just enjoying being able to check my email and fill some pots full of water for tomorrow morning just in case we wake up in the perma dark again *grin*.

Hugs,
Rosina

1 comment:

Dakota Gal said...

I always break the rules when sewing ... although maybe you have to actually know the rules before you can break them. I'm mostly self-taught, so I'm probably breaking rules I don't even know about! :-) Hope your power situation becomes a little more stable soon! I don't mind when the lights go out for a little bit -- it's sort of fun playing Little House on the Prairie. But when they stay off for too long -- especially in the winter -- not fun. We used to live in a house with a well run by electric pump -- so every time the power went out we had no water. And we got a big ice storm when my first baby was 2 weeks old -- and the power was out for days. No heat, no water, no light -- it was a new mom's nightmare!