Thursday, April 1, 2010

Because Not All Sandwiches Are Created Equal



Somewhere between Tuesday and now nearly Friday I lost a day *grin*. I can't believe how fast this week has gone by and that we're in April already!! I've been a busy little bee sewing up my secret Easter gifts for the kids and filling orders for my reusable cloth lunch items.

We've been using my snack and sandwich bags for a couple of years now and absolutely love them. Especially that we're no longer storing our food inside plastic. No plastic, PVC or nylon liners for us. Just unbleached cotton and recently I've started adding certified organic bags to our stash to but once in a while we've got a sandwich or a 'man'wich as I like to call them that just won't fit comfortably inside!

My husband is a big culprit of this and maybe your husband is the same. He LOVES to stack like half a roast between two slices of bread and call it a sandwich *grin*. Myself on the other hand, I love to load up on more of the veggies like sprouts, tomatoes, onion and such and by the time we're done quite often they're fairly large sandwiches. They'll go into the cloth bags and then put up a fuss on the way out so you end up squishing your sammy!



So I've come up with a solution... a sandwich wrap! It works beautifully :) You just place your man sized sandwich on it and fold up the cloth around it. Plus when it's time to eat it you can use it as your place mat to eat over and a napkin to wipe up your hands and perhaps your face with after *grin*.

My goal.... to save the world one cloth sandwich wrap at a time!

~ Rosina

3 comments:

craftydill said...

What a fabulous idea! I don't know why I never had looked at your Etsy shop but I love it!

Have a very Happy Easter!

-Michelle

Jennifer Hoots said...

Well done! I think you are onto something here. Better look into a patent!
Jenn

Molytail said...

Hey, awesome idea! :-)

I ended up a day behind myself this week - all day Thursday, I was thinking it was Wednesday.