Monday, June 1, 2009

Memories of a Typewriter

typewriter

I was tidying up in my closet yesterday when I came across my old typewriter. I used to bang away on it typing up crazy stories hoping that one of them would be good enough to be published as a book *grin*. I was crazy about Judy Blume books in my pre-teen years and wanted to write just like her. Do you remember 'Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret' ? It was one of my absolute favorites :) I find it funny that this is on the top 100 banned books list because I don't remember there being anything terribly wrong with it.

typewriter

When I took off the cover I found that it was in need of some TLC. I'm not sure how the ribbon came off of the spool but luckily I remembered how to fix it up :)


typewriter

Works just like I remember and the 'a' still sticks! LOL. Maybe tomorrow I'll share about my very first computer. Boy was it a real gem!!

~ Rosina

1 comment:

Mark Adams said...

Is the Majestic a Canadian brand? Department store brand? I collect typewriters but I can't find much information about the Majestic label. It's a Brother typewriter, and those were rebranded often for specific markets.